Tuesday, September 14, 2010

This one goes out to my girls...


They are always there for me, no questions asked. It is amazing to have such a great network of people to go to whenever I need it. Whether I need a hug, a shoulder to dry on, someone to vent to, or to make me laugh, I know I can count on them. I’m pretty lucky to have such amazing friends. Not everyone gets that lucky in life.

The first shout out goes to my military girls. No one understands me like they do. Only they know the strain put on a relationship by distance. Only they know the agonizing, heart wrenching pain of watching the man you love most in this world walk away from you to get on a bus that will take him away from you for 7 months (or more!) to a war ridden country. Only they understand the trials and tribulations a deployment can bring. They understand the fear that you may never see your loved one again, and the pain you feel at night as you lay alone in bed, crying yourself to sleep, wondering, hoping, and praying that he is safe and God is watching over him. They understand how you HAVE to be strong, whether you like it or not, during a deployment. Even when the world seems to kick you down repeatedly, you need to remain strong on the outside, even though you’re probably freaking out on the inside. They also understand the feeling of independence you gain from a deployment, and how amazing it feels to know you can do so many things on your own like mow the lawn, or get the car fixed, keep the house going, fix random things, etc. They understand what it’s like to be married to a man who has answered the call to serve his country, and that he has so much pride in what he does, and that the military is his mistress, and the military ALWAYS comes first….that bitch gets WAY too much attention! They also understand how important the friendships are in the military, and they are always there for you no matter what. BECAUSE they understand. Military girls know we get through this life because of each other. And they haven’t gone anywhere since I’ve moved away, or since they have moved away. Anytime I need someone to understand the military aspect of my life, they’re there for me without questions asked. Especially those who know what it’s like to live with someone who had PTSD and a TBI. They still understand me like no other. Because I will forever be a Marine Corps Wife. If the saying is true “Once a Marine, always a Marine,” then it must be the same for the wives. “Once a Marine Corps Wife, Always a Marine Corps Wife.” So to all my military girls….whether you’re a gf, a fiancée, a wife, or former gf/fiancée/wife…thank you. You are the strongest and most amazing girls I know. Thanks for being the best friends I can ask for.

I of course can’t leave out my girls from home. They know the part of me that isn’t military. They know me from before I lived the military life. And that means so much to me. I have a much longer history with these girls, and they also know me in a way my military girls don’t. And they are physically here in person for me. They are all there for me to listen, even if they don’t understand completely what it is that I’m going through. They are always willing to give a hug, or a shoulder to cry on, and that means more to me than any of them will probably ever know. They were the ones there to support me in person while Nick was deployed. They kept me sane, busy, and feeling loved. And they are just flat out fun to be around. I also have to throw my guy friends into this category, cuz they especially keep me laughing. I seriously have the best group of friends anyone could ask for here at home. We’re always there for each other, and can always count on each other.

I guess you can consider yourself pretty lucky in life when you have a great group of friends to support you and keep you laughing. Thank you to all my wonderful friends. You make my life complete <3

No comments:

Post a Comment