Wednesday, September 29, 2010
Marine Combat Veteran Quotes
Nick comes up with amazingly, hilarious quotes. On his first day of classes, I asked him how it went. He told me that he wished a could still carry an M16 around with him everywhere. He also parks his car in a satellite lot about a mile away from school because it's free. He told me he goes on a one mile patrol every day to and from school. And recently, he told me he figure out why he enjoys walking the one mile to school every day instead of taking the shuttle...because it reminds him of Iraq! It's in a run down part of Lowell, when it rains you see trash and dirty water running into the sewers, he comes to a road block at one point with jersey barriers, and most of the people he sees along his "patrol" are of different ethnicity's. I couldn't stop laughing when he told me this. I cherish these small quotes he comes up with. It lets me into a little part of his world, and plus it just pits a smile on my face. I <3 my OIF combat veteran!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment