Monday, September 20, 2010

No Matter Where I live....

...I'm always missing someone.

And it fucking sucks,

When I lived in North Carolina, I was constantly missing home, my friends, my family, the Red Sox, and New England in general. We were always missing out on weddings, birthdays, and just random family get togethers. It was really hard on me. When we found out we would be leaving NC to come back home, it almost seemed too good to be true. Although I was sad to be leaving NC behind, I was finally going home again.

Right after we got back to Massachusetts, I kept missing NC and the Marine Corps. Every day something reminded me of that life, and I would be sad and miss it. This went on until I got my job at W.B. Mason. Then we started looking for a house, and I never had that feeling of nostalgia or missing that life. I was too bust to notice, or care really.

Then yesterday I was hit with an overwhelming feeling of missing NC and the Marine Corps. It started with a morning conversation with a friend down there, and it made me realize how much I missed living across the parking lot from her. It was so nice to have a friend so close, to just hang out with, make dinners with, and just talk to, And then the conversation ended with her saying she was headed to the beach with 2 of my other friends that live there. It made me miss hanging out with those 2 girls, and the beach in NC. Then I went to WalMart to pick up 2 prescriptions yesterday, and they were $20 each. Gone are the days of TriCare and $3 prescriptions. And then at dinner, the conversation went towards 401k and savings for the future. And it made me sad to think about how Nick was going to go career with the Marine Corps and get that sweet Military pension. I guess I’m just always going to miss that part of my life. It was a brief part of my life, but it was a huge part of it with a huge impact. Plus, as the story goes with military lives and friends, everyone ends up moving away anyways. Some of my best friends that I’ve made through the military live in Florida and Michigan now. So, regardless of where I live, someone I care about will always be in another place, and I will always be missing someone.

And the good news for today is…we should be closing on our house Wednesday! That is one of the BIG perks of moving back home and staying in one place permanently. I finally get to be a home owner! It’s going to be a great feeling when those keys are handed to us Wednesday afternoon :) I can’t wait!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment