Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Things That Irritate Me

So today’s blog is about some of the things that irritate me! Cuz so many things in life do. Most people don’t want to listen to me bitch about them…except for Nick, God Bless him. But my blog is a safe place to bitch. If you don’t like it, don’t read it! J

The first thing that irritates me: People who don’t speak English. You’re in fucking America! Learn the language! If I decided to move to your country because I felt like it would give me a better life, I would learn to speak your language! I should not have to press 1 for English, or struggle to understand you because you haven’t taken then time to learn the language of the country you’re living in. This has become even more of an issue for me over the last few months since I started my job. Apparently, everyone who works in Accounts Payable doesn’t speak English. It’s wicked frustrating! Some foreign bitch who barely spoke English asked me today how to spell my name. Amy? Really? It’s not that fucking hard!

Another thing that irritates me: This goes along with the speaking English thing. I hate when I call somewhere and the call center is in freaking India! I called Dish Network this morning, and like always, I got an Indian Customer Service Rep. It’s not fair to me to be speaking to someone who barely speaks English, and it’s not fair to Americans! The unemployment rate is at an all time high, and people are struggling to find jobs. These people would GLADLY take a job in a call center if it were offered to them. Instead we contract these things out to India? Not fucking cool.

Driving irritates me. Every time Nick and I go out, I make him drive because driving pisses me off so badly. I was merging onto I-95 yesterday on my way home from work, and some asshole had the nerve to beep at me because I merged on in front of him. Oh, geee, I’m sorry sir. Was I not supposed to merge onto the highway? I’m SO sorry I cut in front of you, so now you’re going to make it home 2 seconds after you should have. Fuck you. We’re all trying to get somewhere, ass.

People in general irritate me. I have this girl on my facebook who thinks her life is so god damn perfect, and she goes as far as to call herself a princess and admits that she gets whatever she wants, Ummm hello, newsflash, life doesn’t revolve around you! And I just find more and more people just care about themselves, and don’t give a shit about anyone else. Maybe I’m just sensitive, or maybe it’s because I almost always put other people first. I don’t know. But it really bothers me. I could delete this bitch off my facebook, but 1) It’s pretty good entertainment to have her on there most of the time and 2) I honestly don’t know how to delete someone off facebook.

I also hate when guys in the military go around bragging about the “shit they did and saw” over seas. It’s annoying. I can guarantee the shit they’re running their mouth about isn’t true. If you really saw it, and you really experienced it, you don’t talk about it. Why would you want to talk about watching civilians die? Or your buddies dying? Or about the missions you did? To sound cool? It pisses me off. Nick NEVER talks about his deployments. He hates to. I don’t even know much about them, and I’m the closest person to him. He doesn’t share it with anyone. He said the only people that know what really went on are the guys that were there beside him. No one else needs to know the horror of what he’s seen, the nightmare he’s had to live, and the demons he has to live with now. If you’ve really been through it, you would feel the same way. I also hate when guys claim they have PTSD when they really don’t. They claim it to try and get money out of the VA for disability. I feel like it’s spitting in my husbands face, as well as any another combat vet that has PTSD.

And that leads me to another thing that irritates me which is something that is very near and dear to my heart. I hate, Hate, HATE when people compare Iraq and Afghanistan. They are 2 totally different wars. And I hate when people act like Afghanistan is a worse war to be involved in that Iraq. First of all, war is war, and it sucks to be involved period. Second of all, you just can’t compare the two! And people so easily forget we were just involved in Iraq in a heavy combat role just a year ago! It’s funny, when I was a sleep tech in 2008 during Nick’s 2nd deployment, Iraq was all over the news, and all anyone knew about. I would make small talk with my patients, and bring up the fact that my boyfriend was in the Marine Corps. So they would ask questions about if he’s deployed, and blah blah blah. We would talk about the war and how we shouldn’t be there and all the same crap, and then I would bring up Afghanistan and people would look at me like I had 5 heads. Afghanistan? We’re there? I would always say yes, we have troops there now, that’s where Al Qaeda is after all. And then we would move onto a new subject. Now, people seem to forget we were ever in Iraq. I now know how those poor wives must have felt for the 7 years we were in Iraq. No one gave their husbands any recognition. I feel like what my husband did is forgotten. Iraq was a HUGE deal. We were there for over 7 years! Thousands of men and women died, including one Nick’s best friends. Thousands more have been injured. No one should EVER discredit what those men and women did over there. If your husband has never been to Iraq, don’t pass judgment. Don’t say the conditions in Afghanistan are worse than Iraq. Iraq is also a third world country, with no running water, with temps that get to be over 120 degrees. It was still a war with insurgents ready to kill at anytime. Don’t ever try to say Nick’s deployments were easy. He received his Combat Action Ribbon his first deployment (so obviously combat was involved) and he and his squad were blown up on his second deployment earning him a Purple Heart as well as a Navy and Marine Achievement Medal with Valor. I don’t think he would have received any of those things if there hadn’t been combat. It was best said by a facebook group we both joined once that said “Have you ever been to Iraq? No? Fuck you then, you don’t know shit.” And it’s true. Don’t pass judgment if you don’t know. There’s a reason our troops were sent to Iraq over Afghanistan for so many years, and that’s because it was the hot spot. My husband happened to join during a time when Iraq was the hot spot, and he got sent there twice. Not like he asked or anything. So girls, next time you’re about to talk about Afghanistan like it’s so much more bad ass, think about who your audience is. My husband takes great pride in what he did. His unit accomplished great things in Iraq. Look them up: 3rd Battalion, 6th Marines. They’re pretty bad ass J

To end this on a happy note, we got bank commitment on the house Monday!!! It’s all coming together. September 30th is right around the corner!!! Eeeeekkk!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment