Saturday, September 11, 2010
Never Forget
I can't believe it's been 9 years today since the largest terrorist attack on this country. 9/11 has always had a huge impact on me. I'll never forget walking out of my gym class my senior year of high school, and seeing the Twin Towers on fire in the TV in the lobby. We then turned on the news coverage in class, and watched as the towers fell to the ground. It still gives me chills to this day thinking about it. Every year, I am impacted by this day. But it means even more to me, after being married to a Marine. I'm married to a man who made the decision to enlist after 9/11. He made the decision to enlist knowing he would be deployed to the middle east. And he didn't half ass his decision to join, he went all out and became a grunt, and a rifleman at that. He chose the hardest job in the Marine Corps. He joined to fight, and fight he did. It makes me so proud to be married to a man who had enough courage to stand up and fight for this country. Land of the free, because of the brave. God Bless America. And NEVER FORGET <3
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment